Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audit Dimension Help

Go down

Audit Dimension Help Empty Audit Dimension Help

Post  mugen_kanosei Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:43 pm

Hello all.

I'm at the stage now where im building the audit dimension for my warehouse. I am having a little trouble figuring out a few things though. How do you aggregate the data from the error event fact table into the audit dimension? Some records will have 5 screens fail, some 3, but they may not all be the same screens. How do you summarize all these into a few unique audit records? The best I have come up with so far is to write a select statement to make audit dimension columns for each record, and then from that do a select distinct to get only the unique instances that can then be used to insert into the audit dimension table. Is there a better way? Also, I am pretty much following the audit dimension layout from the ETL Toolkit book, but what do you put in the text attributes for say out-of-bounds? In the example given, they were able to drag the out-of-bounds text field onto the report and show sales with low sales, high sales, or normal sales. But if I have 15 columns in my staging table and I do an out-of-bounds check on three or four columns, and get hits, what do you put in the text field? They may not all be sales columns. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

mugen_kanosei

Back to top Go down