Data Model for Recruiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Data Model for Recruiting

Post  RecruitingDW on Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:24 pm

I am working on a data model for recruiting and had some questions.

I am currently planning to have an accumulating snapshot fact table for candidates, updating the fact table as they hit milestones in their candidacy. What would be the best way to handle a candidate reapplying, or applying for multiple roles at once? I'll have a role dimension and a date applied dimension, so will that be enough to handle both reapplications and multiple role applications? Should I also have a transaction fact table at the level of a candidate's status per search per date applied?

As a candidate goes through the process, they get evaluated at various stages for a variety of things (thinking qualities, culture fit, etc) that vary based on the search. I was planning on capturing that in a separate transaction fact table with the role, date applied, and candidate info, in addition to a couple other dimensions. Does that make sense? I think that would allow me to drill across both fact tables.

RecruitingDW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Data Model for Recruiting

Post  zoom on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:27 am

A good recruiting system will not allow a person reapply a job which he already applied for ( unless that job opening was closed and opened again). So check with that application admin about reapplying. Your Accum fact table should be driven from the transaction fact table. You are in good position if you have those 2 fact tables.

zoom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum