Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003

2 posters

Go down

SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003 Empty SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003

Post  ObjectiveC Mon May 02, 2011 3:25 am

Hello everyone,

So I didn't quite know if it's OK to post this in here, so I apologize in advance in case I've posted in the wrong section.

I am searching for a database designer tool that uses the SQL-99 and SQL-2003 standard.

Any suggestions ?

ObjectiveC

Back to top Go down

SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003 Empty Re: SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003

Post  ngalemmo Mon May 02, 2011 11:05 am

Not sure what you mean by a designer tool. If you are referring to schema generation, DDL hasn't changed much (it at all). Besides, the physical model is intimately tied to the particular database vendor and version such that the SQL standards version is the least of your concerns.

If you mean a query/reporting tool, most all support the newer join syntax as well as the analytic functions. Also, most tools allow you to code your own column expressions, allowing you to leverage any features your database supports.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003 Empty Re: SQLTool conform SQL-99 and SQL-2003

Post  ObjectiveC Mon May 02, 2011 11:59 am

Hello ngalemmo,

I definitely mean schema generation.

I'm trying out SQL Power Architect at the moment. What I'll try to do is add the proper JDBC driver to use the tool. I'm hoping that will do the trick.

Will let you know.

ObjectiveC

Back to top Go down

Post  ObjectiveC Tue May 03, 2011 7:24 am

So I've tried the tool SQL Power Architect out and it works nicely. Unfortunately itīs not able to generate the proper DDL for my database LucidDB.

This is concerning Foreign keys:

Code:

ALTER TABLE <table> ADD CONSTRAINT <dimension>_fk
FOREIGN KEY (<dimension>_key)
REFERENCES <dimension> (<dimension>_key)
ON DELETE NO ACTION
ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

ERROR:
Code:

[ALTER - 0 row(s), 0.000 secs]  org.eigenbase.sql.parser.SqlParseException: Encountered "CONSTRAINT" at line 1, column 33.
Was expecting one of:
    "COLUMN" ...
    <IDENTIFIER> ...
    <QUOTED_IDENTIFIER> ...
    <UNICODE_QUOTED_IDENTIFIER> ...

Does anyone here have experience with LucidDB and if so, which tools do you use ?

ObjectiveC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down