Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template

Go down

Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template Empty Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template

Post  hortoristic Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Whenever I use the Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template, and use the "Create / Update Diagram" button, it seems to skip the first fact row in creating my bubble chart. Seems like I always hit this snag and forget how to quickly fix it?

Example on FACT worksheet:

Column Name:
AddressDimKey ...
InsertAuditKey ...
UpdateAuditKey ...

It creates a bubble graph with my fact in middle, but only draws an Insert and Update bubble - it skips the AddressDimKey.

hortoristic

Back to top Go down

Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template Empty Re: Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template

Post  nick_white Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:28 am

Is this template available to download from somewhere? If it is then let me know and I'll have a look at it

Regards,

nick_white

Back to top Go down

Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template Empty Re: Using Kimball Excel Dimensional Model template

Post  hortoristic Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:36 am

http://www.kimballgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DW-Toolkit-Excel-Data-Model-3.4.zip

hortoristic

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_white Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:04 am

Seems to work fine for me. I took the "MDWToolkit Datamodel 3.4 MDWDAdventureWorks 2005 version.xlsm" workbook, updated the blank fact sheet so that the first 2 rows referenced product and promotion and when I generated the diagrams it created the blank fact with 4 links (product, promotion and the 2 audit dims

nick_white

Back to top Go down

Post  hortoristic Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 am

Using Office 2013?

hortoristic

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_white Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:15 am

No - 2010. Sorry, I don't have 2013.

However it should be reasonably straightforward for you to debug the macro code - presumably it is one of the calls to DrawDims near the end of Sub WTDraw that is causing your problem. Just put a breakpoint near the top of the DrawDims code and then step through it

nick_white

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum