Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server

Go down

SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server Empty SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server

Post  DilMustafa Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:48 pm

I saw an awesome thread on the Future of Oracle Datawarehouse Builder and Oracle Data Integrator. I will appreciate people to comment on SAP BI technologies as well. SAP bought BO, and BO came with an ETL,DQ toolset. A toolset well respected in the market. Now what is SAP going to do with existing ETL suite they had under SAP BI/BW thing. Also please, expand this thread to comment on SAP BI reporting and analytics as well. I mean BO and SAP have competitive products in all areas of BI here. Your comments are appreciated.

DilMustafa

Back to top Go down

SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server Empty SAP DW-BI Suite...

Post  Gopi Eriki Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 pm

SAP-BW ETL toolset related to data from SAP-OLTP/ERP sytems is going to prevail. Data sourced form non-SAP systems can utilize BO ETL toolset.

There are many integration issues between SAP-BW and BO, SAP is slowly addressing them and may address even fater as more SAP-customers join the SAP-BO Wagon.

SAP's Netweaver based portal functionality will stay for now as it is tightly linked to SAP-ERP solution like HCM-ESS-MSS. SAP-NW-Portal based BI analytics can be ported thru BO-Infoview or 'BO and crystal' analytics can be sourced thru SAP-NW-Portal.

Gopi Eriki

Gopi Eriki

Back to top Go down

SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server Empty Bex explorer

Post  Rik Declercq Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:53 am

SAP's reporting tool, Bex explorer, is "crap" so I think they will replace it by BO reporting tools.

Rik Declercq

Back to top Go down

SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server Empty Re: SAP Netweaver and BOCD Enterprise Server

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum