Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot

2 posters

Go down

Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot Empty Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot

Post  mark.tan Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:34 am

Hi,

I am currently working on a employee strength data mart. Basically, it is suppose to track the staff strength over time, and profile the trend in term of nationality, citizenship, grading etc.

Hence, my thought is to use a periodic snapshot fact table design. Each month will contain the number of active employee in this fact table. So essentially, say for example, Jan-09 (350 records), Feb-09 (339 records) and so forth... In reporting, I will be able to trend the number of employees over time and by different grouping.

I hope my design is appropriate and elegant. All experts, please comment and advise on my design. Am I missing anything? Please share with me your thoughts!

Thank and Best Regards,
Mark
mark.tan
mark.tan

Back to top Go down

Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot Empty Re: Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot

Post  ngalemmo Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 am

A snapshot is fine for what you are trying to do. It is the usual way for tracking things like that.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot Empty Re: Employee Strength using Periodic Snapshot

Post  mark.tan Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 am

Thanks ngalemmo!
mark.tan
mark.tan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down