Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

data mart without facts

2 posters

Go down

data mart without facts Empty data mart without facts

Post  dbadwh Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi,
Currently I have to design a data mart for broker and customer relationship. The requirement is to see the details of the customer like customer name, address, location, age, start date of the activity and end date, active inactive customer, etc. There is no measurable or any additive facts at all. Can any one tell me how to go ahead on this?

dbadwh

Back to top Go down

data mart without facts Empty Re: data mart without facts

Post  ngalemmo Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:41 pm

dbadwh wrote:Hi,
Currently I have to design a data mart for broker and customer relationship. The requirement is to see the details of the customer like customer name, address, location, age, start date of the activity and end date, active inactive customer, etc. There is no measurable or any additive facts at all. Can any one tell me how to go ahead on this?

The relationship is the fact. Use a fact table to record the relationship. If there are no measures, so be it.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbadwh Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:36 am

ngalemmo wrote:
dbadwh wrote:Hi,

The relationship is the fact. Use a fact table to record the relationship. If there are no measures, so be it.

Thats what I was also thinking. Thank you.

dbadwh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down