Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ICD-9 to ICD-10 Dimension Model

3 posters

Go down

ICD-9 to ICD-10 Dimension Model Empty ICD-9 to ICD-10 Dimension Model

Post  mlflakus Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:48 pm

I am curious if anyone has developed an ICD-9 to ICD-10 dimension model migration strategy. Since there are almost 10 times the number of members in ICD-10 and the method of building the hierarchies has changed, mapping is problematic. I am curious if anyone has developed an eloquent Dimensional strategy that they would be willing to share.

mlflakus

Back to top Go down

ICD-9 to ICD-10 Dimension Model Empty Re: ICD-9 to ICD-10 Dimension Model

Post  gnilrets Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:28 pm

I'd be interested in knowing how you've used dimensional modeling to put ICD9 codes into a hierarchy? All in one flat dimensional table, or something more complex?

gnilrets

Back to top Go down

Post  ngalemmo Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:40 pm

If you plan to report ICD-9 as ICD-9 and ICD-10 as ICD-10, then just add the ICD-10's to the same dimension an use the same bridge to hold the hierarchy.

If you plan to cross-reference them so ICD-9's roll up using the equivalent ICD-10, then again, put the ICD-10's in the same dimension but add additional attributes to hold the ICD-10 values. Populate the equivalent ICD-9 row with the ICD-10 attributes and build a second bridge table that connects ICD-9 child rows with the ICD-10 parents, as well as ICD-10 children with ICD-10 parents. Keep the original bridge if you wish to roll ICD-9's and ICD-10's separately without translation.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down