Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Model SSAS Summary and Detail

3 posters

Go down

Model SSAS Summary and Detail Empty Model SSAS Summary and Detail

Post  Brashen Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:18 am

Hi,
I have created two fact tables Calls & CallEvents. Calls has one line per call, with associated timeings ( Begincall to end call). the Callevents table has one line per event, as it call begin, call answered,which operator ect.

I would like to be able to view the call detail but drill down (through) to then show the actual details of the call. THis is proving to be a headache in SSAS 2008. I have tried using the callevents as a dimension (it doesnt like that).

Do I need to create the call table as an aggregated view so its all using the same measure group????

Brashen

Back to top Go down

Model SSAS Summary and Detail Empty Re: Model SSAS Summary and Detail

Post  John Simon Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:53 pm

You can create a Report Action to drill through to a detailed report based on the tuple clicked on.

John Simon

http://jsimonbi.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Honey Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

Hi Brashen,

I'm thinking of a Call Events dimension, with a hierarchy that goes Call - Call Event. You would need unique keys for both levels, then you can relate the Call attributes to that key to optimize performance.

This will only scale so far (perhaps up to 500,000 Call Events) before SSAS and/or your client tools start to struggle on a commodity server.

Good luck!
Mike
Mike Honey
Mike Honey

http://www.mangasolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down