Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Near Real time ETL and ETL cloud

Go down

Near Real time ETL and ETL cloud Empty Near Real time ETL and ETL cloud

Post  juanvg1972 Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi,

I have read that the principal changes of Data Integration process in the near future are: real time ETL and cloud ETL.
I have many doubus about that questions, becaurse many people talk or read, but few people talk about real experiences or real projects.... I write here my doubts asking for help:

1) real time ETL: are we talking about CDC systems?, several micro-batch process in a day?, what more changes are needed in real time ETL?. What do I have to consider in my ETL process to go from daily process to "near real time ETL"

2) ETL cloud. If I have my ETL process in a cloud server, what about my DWH or data mart?. I suppose my DWH and data mart is in cloud too...., what about data sources of my ETL process (mainframe files, Oracle tables, excel files, xml files, extractions fro ERPs). Do I have to upload all that source files to the cloud server???., not many transferring time?, what about performance?

If I consider a whole BI system in cloud?, whar about B.I. software?. I can't imagine a cloud 1 powercenter process + cloud 2 teradata dwh + cloud 3 microstrategy reports/dashborads + cloud 4 SAS data mining. If I work with differente softwares companys how can I do B.I. in cloud?, each B.I. tier in his cloud?, four clouds transferring data from each other?.
I suppose only companies like IBM (datastage + DB2 + cognos + spss) or SAP can the whole B.I. process with his tools on a unique cloud.

Any advice will be greatly aprecciated

Thanks in advance

juanvg1972

Back to top Go down