Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

create a new record in a SCD2 for a subject that was deleted in the source system

2 posters

Go down

create a new record in a SCD2 for a subject that was deleted in the source system Empty create a new record in a SCD2 for a subject that was deleted in the source system

Post  dierk Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:13 am

Hi,

I have a SCD2 Customer-Dimension with more than 10 million rows. I get for each change in the source system a new row. That is OK. But I get also a new row in that moment when the Customer is deleted in the source system. Is that necessary?

Thanks

dierk

Back to top Go down

create a new record in a SCD2 for a subject that was deleted in the source system Empty Re: create a new record in a SCD2 for a subject that was deleted in the source system

Post  ngalemmo Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:29 am

No, probably not. It would be sufficient to add an attribute to store the date the customer was deleted and update the value in final row when a delete occurs. That is, if knowing when it was deleted is important. Otherwise, there shouldn't be a need to do anything since it would be safe to assume there would not be any future facts for that customer.
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down