Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modelling, level of hierarchy, employee and organization structure

Go down

Modelling, level of hierarchy, employee and organization structure Empty Modelling, level of hierarchy, employee and organization structure

Post  BI_reporter Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:11 pm

I have to design and report on Revenue performance for the Home Office. The report should be able to show revenue by Team and roll up to Department, Division etc, show revenue by MGR and roll up to Senior VP etc..Not exactly sure where to begin. Looking for some help and any resources I can refer to help me design a data model for it. I think once the model is right, I should be able to report correctly.

Home Office --> Division --> Unit --> Department --> Team

There is also a Cost Centre associcated with each of the level above.

CEO --> Senior VP --> VP --> Senior DIR --> DIR --> Senior MGR --> MGR --> Team Lead

Some of the rules:
- Each Division is managed by a Senior VP, sometimes its a VP
- Each Unit is managed by a Senior DIR, sometimes its a DIR
- Each Department is managed by a Senior MGR, sometimes its a MGR

- Each Senior VP has 1 or many reporting VPs (but a VP may not have a Senior VP to report to, this VP reports directly to the CEO)
- Each VP has 1 or many reporting Senior DIRs (but a Senior DIR may not have a VP report to, this Senior DIR reports directly to the Senior VP)
- Each Senior DIR has 1 or many reporting DIRs ( rest is similar reporting rules as above)
- Each DIR has 1 or many reporting Senior MGRs
- Each Senior MGR has 1 or many reporting MGRs

BI_reporter

Back to top Go down