Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for instruction on physicalizing of a data model

2 posters

Go down

Looking for instruction on physicalizing of a data model Empty Looking for instruction on physicalizing of a data model

Post  juliasuzuki Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am

Hello,

Does anyone has a documentation or instruction on how to denormalize a logical data model into a physical data model in Erwin?
I remember collapsing multiple tables into one table in physical in ERwin, but can't recall the steps or the functionality of ERwin that I used before.
Since I didn't remember, I jumped into views and denormalized tables but know I am skipping one step between logical data model and view.

Thank you
Julia Suzuki

juliasuzuki

Back to top Go down

Looking for instruction on physicalizing of a data model Empty Re: Looking for instruction on physicalizing of a data model

Post  BoxesAndLines Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:12 am

There is a property at the entity and attribute level called "Logical Only". This will remove the entity/attribute from the physical model. Likewise, there is a property at the table and column level called "Physical Only" which will remove the table/column from the Logical model. Using those settings you can accurately maintain a logical and physical model.
BoxesAndLines
BoxesAndLines

Back to top Go down