Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARTS DW Data Model

3 posters

Go down

ARTS DW Data Model Empty ARTS DW Data Model

Post  andriy.zabavskyy Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 am

Guys,

Have anybody had experience of implementing the ARTS model for Retail Data Warehouse?
If so, how was it like? Any cool things and troubles?

Thank you in advance,
Andriy

andriy.zabavskyy

Back to top Go down

ARTS DW Data Model Empty other retail schemas

Post  andriy.zabavskyy Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:54 am

And another question: have anybody had experience in implementing the Oracle/IBM/Teradata ready to use Retail DW Models?

andriy.zabavskyy

Back to top Go down

ARTS DW Data Model Empty Re: ARTS DW Data Model

Post  ngalemmo Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:18 am

The last model I saw (2.8) was still very limited, covering inventory and sales/returns. From a design standpoint, it leaves a lot to be desired. But, that is beside the point.

The thing to realize is it is rare that anyone actually implements an 'industry standard' model as-is, out of the box. The fact is, such a model really doesn't exist. If there was a true industry standard, then the models from ARTS, Oracle, IBM, and Teradata would all be the same.

You have to look at these things as suggestions, a starting point, and not much else. Pick the one that weights the most and start from there. :-)
ngalemmo
ngalemmo

http://aginity.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxesAndLines Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:34 pm

I've minimally used the ARTS model. As ngalemmo indicated, it was purely a reference to understand common industry terminology. I've also used some of IBM's standard models as well. They are well documented but can require extensive revision depending on what you are trying to accomplish.
BoxesAndLines
BoxesAndLines

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down