Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accumulating Snapshot in case of no of process are not fixed.

2 posters

Go down

Accumulating Snapshot in case of no of process are not fixed. Empty Accumulating Snapshot in case of no of process are not fixed.

Post  hardik.kaji Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:36 pm

Dear Team,

I have read the Data Warehouse toolkit book. It's very good book.

Thanks for such a nice book.

I have one design issue Please try to help me to solve that.

The case is like that I have fixed no. of processes but each Product (Which is not in final State)  is not passed to each that process.

Example:
Say I have 10 process x1, x2, x3... x10
Now My one raw material p1 passes to x1, x2, x5 & x10 only and it becomes the final Product which is sell-able.

So how should I fit this scenario in Accumulating Snapshot or Should I use Accumulating snapshot?

hardik.kaji

Back to top Go down

Accumulating Snapshot in case of no of process are not fixed. Empty Re: Accumulating Snapshot in case of no of process are not fixed.

Post  hkandpal Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:24 am

Hi,

if you have an accumulating snapshot for a product which is not going through all the 10 steps then how you will know which steps have been completed or not.
One option is to have a process dimension for products and have the products linked with the process dimension that way if a process has only 5 steps then you will have a different process.

thanks

hkandpal

Back to top Go down