Kimball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Text)book on core business processes

5 posters

Go down

(Text)book on core business processes Empty (Text)book on core business processes

Post  ubethke Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Can anyone recommend a good beginner's (text)book that explains a company's core business processes (such as sales, purchasing, marketing etc.) , associated activities, and supporting processes (such as accounting, HR).

Thanks
Uli

ubethke

http://www.business-intelligence-quotient.com

Back to top Go down

(Text)book on core business processes Empty Re: (Text)book on core business processes

Post  warrent Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Hi, Uli,

I'm so glad you asked! As we all know, understanding how our organizations work is critical to understanding business requirements for information, which is the foundation of building a successful DW/BI system. I wrote an article on business skills for Intelligent Enterprise last year with some recommendations for exactly these kinds of survey books about business. Books like The 10 Day MBA (2005) Harper-Collins cover all the major functions of a typical large organization including accounting, finance, marketing, and operations, along with broader business topics like economics, international business, and business law. Obviously, you'd need a bit more detail if you wanted to become a brand manager at a major consumer packaged goods company, but it is enough to be able to understand what a brand manager (or any other major function) does, and help them do it better.

--Warren
warrent
warrent

Back to top Go down

(Text)book on core business processes Empty Re: (Text)book on core business processes

Post  ubethke Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi Warren,

this is brilliant. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you so much.

Uli

ubethke

http://www.business-intelligence-quotient.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jimbo1580 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:12 am

I read your article and the book you recommended and it was a great resource!

jimbo1580

Back to top Go down

Post  kapoor_dh Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:22 am

Nice one...

Can somone name any book or reference material on Datawarehousing applied to Banking

kapoor_dh

Back to top Go down

Post  johnkerry114 Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Sorry i don't know about it.

johnkerry114

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efqpEQGCNo4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down